Wednesday, December 8

Two weeks ago I stayed up eight hours writing the perfect essay to turn in to my art history class. Got it back tonight, she gave me a 72. The only thing she had to critique me on was sources. That's it. I didn't have enough sources. I wrote this beautiful fucking essay and quoted and sourced what I needed to, and she wrote "Source?" on each page. Nothing else though. How do you score a low fucking C on an essay when you meet every criteria on the prompt, and you're supposedly only missing a few "sources"? After this essay, the final exam (score: 70.5), and the final group project (score: 100%) were inputted into the grade, the final grade is a 68%. I'm off by two percentage points. As I walked out of class I immediately started crying. Drove home crying. Got in bed and cried some more. Yeah, I'm upset I didn't pass, but really I'm fucking mad cause I spent so much time on these last few projects, only to come up short. How do you get docked 28 points for supposedly not having enough sources, and that's the ONLY thing wrong with your essay? That essay is 20% of my grade, so yeah, it's really fucking important to me. Ugh, I'm so pissed.
Does anyone want to come over and hold me while I cry into my pillow? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Now I'm in a shitty mood, and I just want to eat and eat, but I'm not even that hungry. I just want to stuff my face and devour my feelings. I'll probably go to In-N-Out. I deserve a good cheeseburger to go with a good cry. And maybe some good fries, too. Maybe even a good chocolate shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment