Monday, May 10

choked up

I feel like I'm full of thoughts and words, yet I never have the guts to express them.
I hate knowing how restrained I am. limits surround me and it's getting old.

I need to write an essay right now, but I am too high and too out of it. my whole body feels heavy and I literally feel the weight on my shoulders. I was going through my drawers and I found one of your t-shirts. I lifted it to my face and took a deep breath, and memories flooded my mind. the scent is flooding my veins, and it's all I feel. I hold it so close to me. all I see is holes, rips and curls. I can't describe it. only I will understand, and that's what bothers me the most. what I would give to run my fingers through your hair right now. I am full of nostalgia.

I put off all that is important so my mind can wander into odd and distant places. I explore and define what I believe in, what I need. I'm reading books with old pages, crisp and frail. a turn of a page can remind me of you, too. it's too easy.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I ache for familiarity. you have no idea how I feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment