Thursday, September 10

curious?

Oh, I'm nibbling the tips of my fingers.  I've got an urge.
Curious, but stupid.  I seem to choose 'stupid', always.
Ignorant, naive...innocent.  I'm not.
I am not.  Anything.  Nothing.

I trace the outline of my mind, it's a thin..thin line.
Between safety and falling, way over the edge.
I look over, and I tend to wonder..
Intrigued by the possibilities,
of my quiet, gentle downfall.
Safety pins, I'm pinned down.
No, I shouldn't look at it that way.
I've got a net.  Do I?  I'm not sure..
Not sure anymore.  Anymore.
Any safety net of mine never broke a fall.
It only cushioned the pathetic impact
against resurfacing to reality.
I've got an ache in my chest.
And I'll blame that for all the wrong I could do.
Would do.
I'm huge on impulse.  I lack common sense.
I lack all common sense.
Any sense at all.
Am I making sense?

I'll never let go of my insecurities.
My childish antics.
But I push them aside,
and repeat all that I hate.
I'm stuck inside a small, fragile body.
With an expanding mind.
Full of curiousity.
Dumb, but oh, so sweet curiousity.

I trace the outline of my mind...I've got an urge.
And it runs deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment