Sunday, September 6

"but I am cursed!"

ooooo, I like to sleep.  I like to sleep a lot.
catching up on my z's, desperately.

Temptations.  I'm resisting.  Resist...I try.  Sometimes, it's hard.  I've got greedy hands.  and a wandering mind.


Watched September Dawn with my parents tonight.  Interesting, I liked it.  It really put Mormons in a bad light, and basically kissed Christian asses.  The mormons teamed up with the indians and killed the Christians because they were pissed about the Missouri people, 20 years beforehand, who had killed Joseph Smith (I think).  That bugs me, how Jacob Samuelson and fellow mormon doodes wanted to seek revenge on the Christian people just passing through to California, just because some were from Missouri.  It was like, 20 years after the fact, so when they say, "Those are the people who killed Joseph Smith.."  It bugs me, because it isn't.  They aren't the people, really.  Whether the story is true or not, I don't really care.  Stories like that upset me, how people seek revenge on others because of where they are from.  They are not the same people as the ones you're seeking revenge on.  Blegh.
religion:
-noun
A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion
I guess I have a religion?  By definition, I feel that..my beliefs of nature and the purpose of the universe could be a religion.  I am devoted to my belief, and there are others who feel the same way.  We could be a religion.  Questioning.  And it's not even that, I really just don't care.  I live, I sin, I die.  Simple as that.
But the movie was good.  It said "based on true events", but who knows.  That's why I don't partake in religions...they all say "it happened", basically.  Jesus did that, God is this.  God believes this, I shall not do this, or else...blahblahblah.  I enjoy watching movies that involve religion and show the beliefs and values of such religions.  Makes me wonder.  And question.  Not myself, not my faith...but religion as a whole.  and how everyone has different beliefs, and how some will shove it in your face to prove they are mightier than you.  When we're all just human, and we'll all die the same way.  And some will be buried, some will be cremated.  Whether you have a religious type funeral, we're all going to the same place...into the ground.  Or spread out over this earth's surface.
If I'm wrong, you can tell me on the other side.  Death.
I'll see you there.

"So they say..
they say in heaven, there's no husbands and wives
On the day that I show up,
they'll be out of their forgiveness supplies
And I can't use the telephone
to tell you that I'm dead and gone
...so you won't know."




oh, but I found a new love..

Micah, mmmmmm.  I'll be your fourth wife, I don't even give a shit.

1 comment:

  1. 99% of movies put Mormons in a bad light.
    Don't believe everything you see.

    ReplyDelete